Saturday, November 22, 2008

Act 2, Scene 2



Today the most outrageous thing happend! While I was walking around the Capulet property, looking for my cousin Romeo, I heard a few voices from above. I quickly hid in the bushes so that no one would find me. I heard two voices, one of a male and one of a female. The two talked about their love for each other and the girl had asked the guy to swear his love. Only then did i realize that the two that were talking were Romeo and Juliet, daughter of Capulet. As Romeo swore his love by the moon, Juliet stopped him and told him that the moon was forever changing, therefore their love would always change. Juliet had asked Romeo to prove that he loved her by marrying her. Romeo had told Juliet to send a messanger so that he could tell her when and where their marriage would be preformed. All this news had shocked me tremendously. How could Romeo marry Juliet? This marriage is going to cause a great riot in the streets of Verona! These were the questions and thoughts that were going through my head.





"I take thee at thy word. Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized;


Henceforth I never will be Romeo."



When I overheard Romeo say this to Juliet, I felt that maybe Romeo really did love Juliet. I had questioned if he really did love Juliet, because only a few days ago, Romeo had been telling me that he loved Rosaline so much, but she could not love him back. When Romeo said these few words, it showed me that Romeo was willing to do anything for Juliet, even change who he was. I think this shows the Romeo has developed and become more mature. He is willing to marry Juliet and start a new life with her. I feel that Romeo should tell his father about this marriage first, I feel that only bad things will come by keeping this marriage a secret. I also feel that this marriage could end the ancient grudge between the two households. I guess I am just going to have to wait and see.

No comments: